One of the many benefits of having so many Facebook friends from around the world, who love to globe trot
almost as much as I do, is that they are constantly posting super interesting travel related articles…and I mean DAILY. (It’s no reason I am so addicted to the Book.)
I happened to come across one yesterday called “101 reasons you need to live in London once” and could not resist the urge to click immediately.
You know, London always gets a bad rap for being cold and rainy all the time, and being filled with stuffy, rude English people, but it’s really not that bad. It is actually quite an incredible city, and remains one of my all time favorite places that I have lived.
When going through this list, I picked out the ones that rang true to me the most as some of the awesome reasons people should give living in London a shot…
15. Sitting in the park on a summer’s day
21. Whatever type of food you want, you’ll find it
26. Drinking by the Thames
32. Once you know you way around there is no greater feeling than a tourist asking you for directions and you actually knowing the answer
37. Every band who tours plays in London
42. Nightbuses. You can always get home thanks to nightbuses
43. The top deck on nightbuses: the party continues
45. EVERYONE goes for drinks after work
46. You can always drink without worrying about how you’re going to get home. NO ONE drives
47. Want to still feel like a student? Move to Clapham
50. Running along the river makes running much less depressing
56. Curries on Brick Lane
57. Laughing at the word ‘Cockfosters’
58. In depth conversations with taxi drivers
94. You’ll fall in love on the tube around 17 times a day
Don’t get me wrong, it still rains there more than I am used to, and English people can be can be quite rude, but I think that can be part of its charm too.
What do you think? Have you been to London? Love it or hate it?